Monday, July 21, 2008

Designing on speculation.


This is a very interesting thing that seems to occur more and more often in my business. Although I have many designs already available, people like to challenge me!!
Like this picture of a cutomized woman's birthday shirt.

If you are in a business like mine, I had to learn to get paid upfront! I charge a $20 concept creation fee. Your time and skills are important whether or not your design or what have you works for the customer.

Generally these requests come from businesses looking for unique gift ideas for their customers or employees such as our Holiday House is a great hit at Christmas time for Realtors.

I am frequented asked for custom designs that "match" the companies product, these are always the most fun to do and at the same time the most frustrating! Such as phone, fire extinguisher, guitars, to name a few.
The best advice I can give you if you are in this situation is get paid for your time, it's your most valuable asset! Happy designing!

No comments:

Post a Comment